Back to School 20-21
A Message From Dove Schools
Monday, October 19, 2020
Dear DOVE Schools Families,
We greatly appreciate the support, patience, and flexibility you have provided to help our students adapt to the virtual learning model. Although it has presented many challenges for all stakeholders, we believe it has helped keep our students safer than other options.
It is with this same commitment to provide the utmost care and caution for the safety and well-being of our students, staff, families, and communities that we have made the decision to extend our virtual model 6 more weeks through December 18th, 2020.
Oklahoma and Tulsa counties are both currently in the Orange Level 2 phase, but DOVE Schools has chosen to implement Red Level protocols to ensure we provide the safest possible environment for our students and staff.
For Quarter 2, we will remain virtual but will provide:
- Supervised Study Hall from 8am-3pm Mondays through Fridays
- Free Grab and Go breakfasts and lunches for ANY Oklahoma students ages 1-19
- Scheduled alternating days for special education, English Learners, and any students struggling academically to receive services and instruction on campus in small groups
You can contact your child’s campus for more information on this extended virtual calendar and all programs and services. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and work with our health and education partners to make changes to our plans as necessary. Thank you for your continued support and stay healthy and safe.
OK State Department of Education School Safety Protocols: https://bit.ly/2T6XjhZCovid 19 Projections: Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation: https://bit.ly/3o6Lh6J
Lunes 19 de Octubre de 2020
Estimadas familias de DOVE Schools,
Agradecemos enormemente el apoyo, la paciencia y la flexibilidad que ha brindado para ayudar a nuestros estudiantes a adaptarse al modelo de aprendizaje virtual. Aunque ha presentado muchos desafíos para todos los interesados, creemos que ha ayudado a mantener a nuestros estudiantes más seguros que otras opciones.
Es con este mismo compromiso de brindar el máximo cuidado y precaución por la seguridad y el bienestar de nuestros estudiantes, personal, familias y comunidades que hemos tomado la decisión de extender nuestro modelo virtual 6 semanas más hasta el 18 de diciembre de 2020
Los condados de Oklahoma y Tulsa se encuentran actualmente en la fase Orange Level 2, pero las escuelas DOVE han optado por implementar protocolos de Red Level para garantizar que proporcionamos el entorno más seguro posible para nuestros estudiantes y personal.
Para el segundo trimestre, seguiremos siendo virtuales, pero brindaremos:
- Sala de estudio supervisada de 8 am a 3 pm de lunes a viernes
- Desayunos y almuerzos gratuitos para llevar para TODOS los estudiantes de Oklahoma de 1 a 19 años
- Días alternos programados para educación especial, estudiantes de inglés y cualquier estudiante que tenga dificultades académicas para recibir servicios e instrucción en el campus en grupos pequeños
Puede comunicarse con el campus de su hijo/a para obtener más información sobre este calendario virtual extendido y todos los programas y servicios. Continuaremos monitoreando de cerca la situación y trabajaremos con nuestros socios de salud y educación para realizar cambios en nuestros planes según sea necesario. Gracias por su continuo apoyo y manténgase saludable y seguro.
Protocolos de seguridad escolar del Departamento de Educación del Estado de OK:Proyecciones de Covid 19: Instituto de Métricas y Evaluación de la Salud: https://bit.ly/3o6Lh6J
Vision for 2020
- HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Our priority will always be the safety and well-being of our DOVE students, staff, families, and community. We have created our reopening plans based on guidance from local, state, and federal partners in health and education. We will modify these plans as necessary to ensure the safest environment possible for all school stakeholders.
- TEACHING AND LEARNING
- We have implemented several new programs to ensure students of all levels receive the academic and social-emotional instruction they need to succeed. All instructional options we provide are focused on maintaining continuous learning throughout the year.
- In order for all students to have equal and fair access to our programs, DOVE will assist students with technology, internet access, and school supplies. We will also provide modifications and one-on-one teaching/counseling based on individual student needs.
Instructional Management System and Programs
DOVE will use the following LMS and online programs to ensure all students receive the instruction, support, and individualized learning plans they need. Usernames and passwords will be sent to all students and parents in one document for easy access.
Learning Management System (LMS): Grades 6-12
Learning Management System (LMS): Grades PreK- 5
Schoology is a learning management system (LMS) that provides students, parents, and teachers all the tools they need to create and share educational materials, complete assignments, share homework, receive grades, manage calendars, and message in one easy-to-use place. Teachers also can post daily reminders or updates. Regardless of whether students are learning online or in-person, they will use Schoology.
Live Lesson Expectations
While our online learning environment affords students the opportunity to attend class anywhere, it is our expectation that all students conduct themselves in a respectful manner during live sessions, as you would in a face to face classroom.
The following guidelines outline our behavioral expectations in the virtual classroom environment:
The student’s camera must remain on during class times.
- The student must maintain school-appropriate behavior even though they are at home.
- Student must be dressed appropriately for class (Shirt, School Shirt, and Jeans or Khakis are OK).
- Only the student must be visible (no friends or siblings).
Computer microphone must be off unless specifically instructed by teacher. This ensures there is no background noise or outside distraction.
COMMUNICATE THROUGH CHAT:
- Students are expected to interact through the Zoom chat function.
- Students must show up on time.
- Students must use appropriate and respectful language at all times.
- Use tools such as “raising your hand” (available in Zoom) and the chat feature if you have a question or want to answer a question.
- Remove distractions, such as going where there’s less background noise and turning off your phone.
- Use headphones, if possible, for increased privacy and better speaker and microphone quality.
- Put your phone on silent.
- Select a good location with a power supply.
Attendance for Virtual Learning will be calculated by two requirements:
Time Spent (25%)
- DOVE expects every student to spend at least 24 hours / week on assignments.
- Although most students will need to spend more than this amount to be successful, 24 hours each week will count for 25% of Attendance.
Assignments Completed (75%)
- Students must complete and submit at least 13 assignments each week for Attendance.
- At least 2 assignments in each core class and 1 each week in non core classes
Remember: These requirements are to be counted “Present” for Attendance purposes only.
Student grades will be based on the performance on each assignment.
- Late and Extra Assignments Will Be Accepted for Attendance Purposes.
- Students can complete and submit late assignments for Attendance counts until 7 calendar days before the end of each quarter.
- Students who turn in more than the minimum 13 assignments each week will have those assignments count toward their quarterly Attendance total.
REMEMBER: OK State Law requires 90% Attendance to receive credit.
- Students who do not submit work for 2 weeks will be reported as Truant.
- Students may be dropped from DOVE after 10 consecutive absences if parent does not contact school and provide documentation of reason for absences.
Grading for all learning settings will follow Dove Schools grading practices as practiced during a typical school year. Courses that earn high school credit will count in GPA calculation and class rank as specified in the Dove high school course guide.
DOVE Tulsa will offer curbside “Grab and Go” meals at 1 location during our Virtual Learning calendar. Parents can pick up meals here no matter which DSA campus or campuses their students attend.
DSA-MS Tulsa Campus: 280 S. Memorial Drive Tulsa, OK 74112 (918-834-3936)
Days and Times
- Mondays and Thursdays from 9:00am-10:30am
- Can pick up 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches on Mondays
- Can pick up 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches on Thursdays
- Student does not need to be in car for meal pick-up.
- Breakfast and Lunch will also be served during Supervised Study Hall sessions.
- Contact the campus to request a scheduled pick-up time due to emergency need.
Students who attend study hall will need to be in their school uniform.
When school returns to blended or traditional learning, all students will be expected to be in school uniform.
When we resume classes to in-person learning, the Dove Schools district will provide the majority of supplies for each student.
- Start Date is Monday, August 31st
- Virtual Classes for Quarter 1
- Labor Day--No Virtual Classes on Monday 9/7
- Parent/Teacher Meetings on Friday, 9/25
- Fall Break--No Virtual Classes on Friday, 10/30
Click here two download Calendar
Oklahoma State Department of Education https://sde.ok.gov
Oklahoma 2-1-1 http://www.navigateresources.net/hlok/
For help accessing a wide variety of local available resources, call 2-1-1 or visit the site
Oklahoma State Department of Health https://coronavirus.health.ok.gov/
For local Covid updates, free testing locations, and many more resources
COX Connect to Compete https://www.cox.com/residential/internet/connect2compete.html
COX offers 2 months free internet and then $9.99/month. Refurbished highly discounted
computers for sale Oklahoma Department of Human Services http://www.okdhs.org/
OKDHS offers support options for meals, child care, abuse, and utilities
Center for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
Information and Guidelines including schools, childcare, prevention, and symptoms